Our old courthouse


Well it is funny you know how all of a sudden you start thinking about change... Wanting change and disruption in your life... Some of you would know that we own (or the bank owns it really - smile) an old building that was originally our little towns courthouse and police station... It is right next door to our house with a 1/2 an acre of land between them... It is being rented out at the moment... Over the last couple of weeks I have been thinking of doing some extra things to the house we are in and then I thought why not renovate the courthouse as it is much bigger and then we could rent this house or even sell it eventually if we had too... Oh but ALL that work (and money) - could I deal with that again.... Negatives about the courthouse is it really needs to be restumped, reroofed and painted externally which are all jobs that we would need to get tradesmen to do... Inside we would move the kitchen and the bathroom so as you can imagine the $$$$$ signs would add up and up and do we really need the extra space... I have a 14 year old and a nearly 11 year old. Recently I have noticed we are having more gatherings of younger people staying in our house and it is pretty cramped not unbearable but cramped ... I grew up in a 3 bedroom house with 5 kids and there were always extras so am I being silly to want this... We really want to do a European vacation at the end of Kirstie's schooling (3 years time) as well so is it better to stay with what we have and enjoy it or take on another adventure... Would love to hear your thoughts my friends... As you know with me I have already got a plan of the new layout for the other house, how I would paint it and so on..... Anyway need to get a charm order finished today so best get started... Take care Cathy