Mother's Day

Saturday, May 10, 2008


Well I don't mean this post to be sad but inspirational. I haven't had my dear, sweet Mum for 5 Mother's Days now but I know every day that she has shaped the person I am and I can already see traits in my daughter that she could have only had because of my Mum. She made every small moment in our lives special... from hand feeding calves with milk in a bucket when I was tiny, to making the most amazing clothes for me as I grew up to baking with with my kids at the crack of dawn on the old fuel stove at our farm... My kids couldn't believe that their Nanna who was 70 plus could still skip pepper...She loved to garden, it was one of her life loves so this photo I think is very appropriate.... She would have turned 80 this month..... To you Mum especially for the love of small detail and simplicity of life and for instilling in my heart that love ........You will always be my bright star.....................

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Cathy what a wonderful tribute to your Mother.
    I know how you feel, my Mum passed away nearly 16 years ago and it just seems like yesterday.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your family
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful post and what great memories just shows how the simple things we do for our children mean the most,I always have monday's off work so you have inspired me to pots some plants and bake a cake with my lily. p.s I only have 4 charms left...they are featured on our newsletter that gets sent out to over 1000 customers (www.lily-g.com.au, go to may news)anyway ill email you monday with a new order, Have a wonderful Mothers day
    Judy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Cathy,

    what a lovely rememberance for your Mom.
    Happy Mother's Day to you my friend,
    xo,C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, That is a beautiful post for your mother. I bet she is very proud of you!
    Happy Mothers Day xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day Cathy! - the thread of life has been passed on from Mother to Daughter and Granddaughter - so beautifully woven and intricitaly formed - she would have been so proud of you and your little Kirstie and Andrew, to see your wonderful journey and how you have been a blessing and inspiration to not only your family but through all your friends in "blogg land". May her spirit live on in you and yours. Wendy W XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post about your Mom, Cathy. I know she would be so proud of you, and the woman you have become.
    xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. Fortunately my mom is still with us, but my dad died 6 years ago. How much I miss him. Have a lovely Mothersday.
    Take care, Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day to you. Your post was very inspiring. I still have my mother and can't even imagine her gone. Your words will make me appreciate even more the time I have with her. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there, I just visit your blog for the first time and it's so inspirational, beautiful and lovely.
    This post was so well written, and the rest is so enjoyable to see. I love your style!

    do enjoy the sun and I will visit soon again,

    Solange

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post..!
    I hope your Mother´s Day was nice.
    Oh..i just adore the blue ironbed..the patina..and the colour is perfect..and the whole room is so sweet :)
    Have a beautiful day & big hug
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by......