Only 13 days to go!!!!!!!!

Saturday, November 06, 2010



Plans are the proof a dream can come true!

Well I can't believe it has been so long since I have blogged....So many things happening I must say I really miss being here and chatting!!!! Since my darling daughter was about 10 her and I have been chatting about our imaginary trip to Paris...well in a few weeks we will be staying in this gorgeous apartment in Paris, I just can't believe it.... It still isn't real to me and I don't think it will feel real until we hop off the train in central Paris...We have 7 nights and I just can't wait...My little girl finished her last real day in the classroom yesterday...A week of exam block (she has 5 assessment pieces) and then her formal and graduation and then at 11.45 pm graduation day we will be on the plane to London :)...

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

This has surely been a year of change...A new shop, a business partner, trying to sell our family farm, my little 14 year boy reaching 6 ft, Kirstie's last year of school and so on and trying to know where I fit into all this has been a bit of a struggle for me I must say...It has all been a little bit too fast for my liking :) Even though my kids are bigger now I still see being a good and stable mum as the greatest job I will ever have...I feel privileged and blessed to watch them achieve and more importantly smile their way through there days...

When we lose one blessing, another is often, most unexpectedly, given in its place.
- CS Lewis

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Have a fabulous trip, sounds like a real dream come true! And a welcome breather with so much having gone on in the last year. Sometimes big things happen almost at once, and although all perhaps good, it can be quite exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. Good luck amidst all the changes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you will have a fantastic trip to Paris !!

    xo
    Anci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely heartfelt post. Have a fabulous time in Paris. My daughter and I talk about going all the time. She is only 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip Cathy and family. Another dream has come true for you! Looking forward to hearing about your trip on your return. Take care, Love, Wendy XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip away- it sounds wonderful! Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cathy I'm soooo exicted for you!!! Have a wonderful wonderful time!!!
    I know how you feel about the kids growing up so quickly...it seems to all go by in a blink...
    Being a good Mum is the greates job...You Go Girl...love Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prepare to have your breath taken away, and never given back. You are going to have a wonderful time in Paris - my most fav city in all the world - and I envy you the excitement and utter wonder you are about to experience. Drink it all in and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks devine, have a wonderful trip now that all the exams are over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a safe and fabulous dream vacation with your daughter!

    xx,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a blog but visit yours regularly and I'm an absolute fan. You're going to love it here in Paris, we live right on the outskirt in Maisons Laffitte. My son of 12 has just spent 3 weeks in Melbourne and is coming back on Friday, he loved it but it was a bit of a cultural shock. Enjoy your stay in Paris and have a wonderful trip with your daughter. catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cathy such exciting times in your life.
    Enjoy
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a trip full of special moments. My two daughters and I just returned from a trip to Italy - five weeks of bliss! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for you two that it's almost like I'm going myself! Oh, I can't wait to hear all about it. The walks in the park {where my kids buy $10.00 cokes!}the windowshopping {so lovely since it's almost Christmas time} the cathedrals, the shopping. okay. museums. shopping.:)

    Hope you have a fabulous time, sweet friend. xoxo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathy
    just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip with your daughter....i know how time does fly....one day they are little children and then poof they are young adults or having families of their own......just remember our children are never truly lost to us and the memories you hold inside your heart last a lifetime......i wish you both surprises that delight you, laughter that is shared, happiness that grows and memories to keep......

    ReplyDelete
  15. The trip sounds so exciting...even more because when you spoke of it when she was younger you thought of it as imaginary. Just goes to show that imagination and dreams can become a reality if you choose not to give up on it! Have a fantastic and safe trip!

    xx,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing trip and that you are going with your daughter is even more incredible. I was in France this summer and I can't wait to go back. Coming over to say "hello" because I saw your banner in Artful Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  17. would love to know if one can rent that apartment in the near future for a 5 or 7 day hiatus

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nancy
    Send me an email at cathy@cathypentondesigns.com and I will send you all the details...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by......