Here is to the start of a new year ...

{photos by cathy penton + andrew penton}

I know I am a little bit late .... but Happy New Year ! 
I can't believe we are already into the first week of February, where did January go but I really want to start blogging again.  I start my year promising myself I will get back into it on a regular basis but over the last few years it never seems to happen but I really think 2018 is going to be the year {my 11th year of blogging}.  The thing I always loved about blogging was it was like writing in a journal on a regular basis.  I am not a great writer by any means but I LOVE the process of writing things down, sharing at little of me.... So my treat to myself is on a Sunday night I am going to sit down and journal whether I am sharing a recipe, home renovation project, my work, family or exquisite people that inspire me.  I am going to be here {so please give me a nudge if I get slack}.

This summer we had our annual trip to the seaside.  Ten days of family, friends and relaxation at one of my favourite places, Kingscliff.  The last 3 years we have rented a house with a pool and just pretended it was our home. Morning walks every day, cricket on the beach, swims in the ocean, reading, and spending time with the people I love the most in the world.  
It makes me smile just thinking about it.  
 Until next week ....

"because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away." - sarah kay