open studios

vintage linen, hand embroidered cushions from the savannah range + european linens
 My love to create is immense but I must admit opening my doors up to people is another thing totally.  Don't get me wrong I love people but I am more a one on one type of personality then a crowd and it is the one time that "am I enough" seems to raise its ugly head.  Are people really going to like what I do.  I also think I struggle when the attention is on me.  

Sometimes leaving your comfort zone is the most important thing you can do for yourself.   I love to love on people, to make them feel special it is one of the greatest joys in life, so this is why for me the open studios came about being able to see the beautiful faces behind the orders on-line.  Meet an instagram friend that I have admired from afar and share a little of myself with them.  Being able to share our beautiful old buildings and the love we have for giving something old new life. 


ribbons and scissors from italy
 I try to have at least 2 a year and our first one for 2018 will be at the Courthouse on the 22nd of April.  This time I am hoping to have some vintage pieces for sale on the verandah.  My husband has been hoarding old pieces for over 20 years now and it is time to slowly part with some of them even though I am sure it will be a very slow ripping off the band-aid process.

marley and lockyer ceramics, clutches and bags made from vintage linen housed in our beautiful courthouse building {my daughters home}
You will get to meet my beautiful daughter Kirstie and my dear friend Karla who are always by my side for every pop-up.  If you are interested in attending drop me a note for further details.

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. - van gogh

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. - van gogh

I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. - van gogh

Until next Sunday may your week be so marvellous x