A day in my atelier x



I walk the short distance next door to my studio.  We renovated it a few years ago for my daughter and she has since bought her own little cottage.  It is a truly beautiful space, exposed original hoop pine beams, white painted walls and lots of quirky features that are still original.  

Every day is a little different here from spending the whole day with a soldering iron in my hands to designing new ranges, working on my new website  and answering DM's and emails.  
The next day might be designing a cushion cover for a custom order for a beautiful bespoke accommodation or someones wedding song hand stitched in place on their favourite navy linen. 


It is a tricky balance sometimes especially as the busiest time of the year approaches and I am in my studio for very long hours by myself but forever grateful to be doing what I love.
"be happy with what you have, while working for what you want" - helen keller
"joy comes to us in ordinary moments. we risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary". - brene brown
"its not what i have to do, it is what I get to do" - unknown