in my store - I talk with Christiana Jackson of Mimosa Botanicals





I found Christiana through the wonderful world of instagram and started stocking her beautiful creations in my store. She is the founder/creator/blender of Mimosa Botanicals.

 "My love of spending hours day dreaming in a deep aromatic bath as well as the traditional art of botanical perfumery were my motivation to create this range and share it with you all. 

Growing up in the Australian bush, from a young age I was very aware of the smells around me: the damp earth and wet leaves in winter, the dry hay like honey smell in the height of summer when the earth is scorching, the heightened smell of an electrical storm - all these things filled me with joy and a sense of wonder in my small world. 

As an adult in my early 20's, that exploration continued as I moved away from the bush, explored scent all over the world, tapped into the world of aromatherapy (I got my qualification in 2010), blending & product making. 

After 25 years and safely back in my natural habitat- the Australian bush, I feel at home to explore, smell and forage again. 

In my products I like to utilise the best ingredients nature can offer like certified organic or Australian essential oils & absolutes with organic botanicals and lovely little extra's like Australian organic oats, coconut cream powder, organic fairtrade cocoa butter and Australian clay's as well as locally grown flowers, berries & herbs. Handcrafted in my studio in Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia."

 I asked her some of my favourite random questions...

If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?  
Dreamer.

What inspires you the most?  
Nature & love.

Black, white or all things earthy…which would you choose and why? 
All things earthy! Earthy tones also inspire me and make me feel more connected to the land on which we live. 

If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why? 
Our lounge room. It's a long narrow room with a wood heater and French doors with little corner platforms (not sure why?) so I would actually step it up a notch & knock out a wall and put in north facing windows and extend the back porch so we could create a lovely sunny nook.

Favourite quote?
I love this line from an Irish blessing:

"May the sun shine warm against your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields."