In my store - I talk with Amanda Stevens of Rewild Co.


 


"tell me the poetry you read and the song you fall asleep with… all the art, the words, the songs that shift you. this is what I want to know. this is how my heart falls" 
– butterflies rising


Amanda Stevens carted all her belongings to a little place in the mountains, where she lived for 18 years. She recently moved to the wild and rugged southern most tip of South Australia. She is a Perfumer, lover of nature, a painter and I am lucky enough to stock her beautiful perfumes + bath soaks in my store. Lets learn a little more about this talented creative.

 
If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?

True



What inspires you the most?

(This is such a good one!) Two things inspire me differently. Firstly, Mother Nature inspires me to be myself and be true to myself. Secondly, Who I was yesterday and the day before that. I want to be a better version of that. That inspires me.



Black, white or all things earthy…which would you choose and why?

All things Earthy. Because within this are all colours in their truest and most authentic form. Black serves a purpose in the darkest night. White is most beautiful found in the tiniest grains of sand. Deep brown hues in wet soil which feeds life. To me, all the colours are equally as beautiful in this form.



If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why?

My Studio. Because by moving the furniture, I see things with fresh eyes. I creative in a different way. -which sometimes works out and sometimes doesn’t and the furniture gets moved back to where it was originally.



Favourite quote?

“Remember your place” - spoken to me by someone very special as we stood before a significant tree over 800 years old. You see, the best quotes aren’t necessarily the ones that come from books, or people we will never meet, but the people that leave the biggest hole in our hearts and change who we are forever.



You can find Amanda on instagram @rewild.company

or her store here.