In my store - I talk to Kasia Penton from Ephemeral Designs



"Love of beauty is taste.  The creation of beauty is art" - ralph waldo emerson

 Kasia is a Mumma, architecture student and recently opened a beautiful business called Ephemeral Designs where she creates handmade delights.  Her attention to detail and eye for beauty makes each design a magical piece of art.  I am beyond blessed that she is my daughter-in-law.  I asked Kasia my five favourite questions so you could learn a little more about this inspiring young woman.


 If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?

Perfectionist. I was definitely that child who coloured neatly inside the lines. I am very detail oriented (Hello fine lines and city maps) and if I’m unhappy with how something looks I will take the time to re-do it!


What inspires you the most?

Probably people’s feelings and experiences combined with the environment. A lot of the time my designs draw from either my own or others feelings and experiences around a topic or I am trying to invoke feelings from people with my art. Being able to create a piece that encapsulates how say a mother feels about her new baby or a memory of travelling to another country is something I love to do.

Black, white or all things earthy…which would you choose and why?

Definitely Earthy! Natures colours are beautiful. All those Earthy tones are so warm, comforting, gentle and grounding for me that I can’t go past them.


If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why?

This is a hard one. I’m going to go with my bedroom. I mean can you really have too many pillows, quilt covers, throws and furniture to match each theme? I think it would be very fun being able to change my bedroom space up depending on how I was feeling that month.

Favourite quote?

     So many options but I do love this one by Leo Tolstoy from Anna Karenina. “I think…if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.”

 

You can find Kasia on instagram @ephemeraldesigns and her website HERE.