Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas - that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance - a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved. ~Augusta E. Rundel

I love this saying and I think it captures Christmas how I see it...I have had such a special day today...My dear friend Angela and her daughter came for morning tea... Kirstie and I made the table pretty and we chatted and giggled and I was sad for them to go. Then just after they left my dearest friend in the world who lives in another state phoned and I chatted with her for an hour and I just felt so content.... We are leaving tomorrow for a few days away, catching up with family and having a little break before another wonderful, busy year starts... So I wanted to say I hope everyone has a TRULY MAGICAL Christmas and to thank you all for making blog land a truly wondrous place....


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Love your table...have a splended Christmas on the other side of ther earth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think it is so sweet of you to come to my blog and tell me you appreciate it I spend spend some time looking at your blog ;) Have a wonderful Christmas ans we'll speak in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table. Have a nice trip and enjoy yourself with your family. You are such an inspiration and may you be even more blessed throughout the New Year, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just spent a nice time looking through most of your blog. You are so inspirational, I love your style. Everything you touch is just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table setting...what a very special day for you. Merry Christmas Cathy and a Happy 2009 to follow!!! Love to you Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't get much better does it Cathy! The simple things in life like the warm company of dear friends & family are what the best memories are made of. The table prepared so lovingly by yourself & Kirstie was just gorgeous!

    The warmest of Christmas blessings to you & your family dear Cathy. Thank you for your wonderful posts, visiting with you is always a treat. I know good things lie ahead for you in 2009, so relax while you can & enjoy your own magical Christmas.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looks amazing! What a lovely way to spend the day, with those you love.
    Have a wonderful Christmas. See you next year,
    Luv Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I would come over for afternoon tea at your place anytime! The way you have set the table is so beautiful, and your photography has captured it beautifully.
    Thank you for your Christmas wishes, I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful table cathy!
    sending you big huge christmas hugs
    much love
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy, that table! - it's beautiful!!! OMG - do I have some standards to lift! Have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family.
    A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for filling your blog all year long with all kinds of interesting & inspirational posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by......