So very lucky to be a Mum !!!

Friday, February 28, 2014

I have been trying to write this post all week and every time I start it, it is just too hard.... This story really starts when I was a little girl watching my mum and how she had such an open heart for children and how being a mum was the most important thing to her and she always used to say....I just want you to be happy....  At the time I thought, that is lovely mum, but I really didn't know the true meaning of what she was trying to tell me...  and my mum left us 12 years ago this year so my beautiful ones were only tiny but over the last few years with my hazel eyed girl getting married and now my hazel eyed boy heading off to uni those words of my beautiful blue eyed mum ring in my head...We just want them more then anything else to have JOY in there life...and to be able to be themselves in a sometimes confusing, dramatic but beautiful world we live in.
My hazel eyed boy headed off to uni last Sunday and it was beyond hard {for all of us}... He is my strength, the smile {that would break a thousand hearts} that greeted me every morning, the best hug in the world and the little independent boy {young man} that always wanted to make a difference. Stubborn, smart and beyond sweet... I miss him so much and there have been probably way too many tears this week and to be totally honest as I am typing this they are still rolling down my cheeks.... 

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” 
―John Lennon


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh Cathy I am so with you here....I couldn't stop crying when my boy left home...he is my Tower of Strength still! Hang in there....a bug hug for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cathy
    i think every mother understands how you are feeling.....we spend so much of our time being a mother and looking after their happiness that when they leave we feel empty....it sure is hard watching your children go off on their own in the big wide world, but i think you also understand deep in your heart that you have raised them well and they are young people who have been given the best of what we have so that they are prepared and able to deal with the world waiting to greet them and take them on their own amazing journey.....we have to remember that we will still be there on the side line cheering them on and bursting with pride at how well they are doing.....and do you know what, slowly and surely you become your own person again, that person that quite likes that now you are fully immersed in your own life and your own dreams,they swirl around you taking you on adventures you never knew possible, you are still a family no one can reach and take that its just now you are all heading down your own roads.....

    I love that quote about John Lennon it is one of my favourite something we should all live by.....i have it written in my journal to remind me to look for happiness each day even in the small things.....

    Your blog and your wonderful collages bring such joy into my own life....the beauty contained in those words and pictures flow over me and make me view the world differently....we never know how we might be changing something for someone and you do that continually with your words from your heart.....thank you CAthy.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by......