a little change around is always good for my soul.

I know people hate to talk money but it has been a bit of a tough year financially for us. Don't get me wrong it has always been my choice to create for a living so I should know by now it has its ebbs and flows and you need to work really, really hard but sometimes that eats away at your creativity, so for me refreshing the space that I work in, having a good spring clean and making lists can help.  I am such a visual person, so favourite quotes from magazines and beautiful interiors taped to the wall in front of my desk helps inspire me.  Revisiting my yearly journals of ideas, fabric samples,  and sketches motivates me to move forward with new ideas and shows me how much I have really accomplished.
Beautiful old manual arts table from a highschool that we paid $80 for years ago is one of my favourite pieces.
Cutting branches from our fruit trees to add a fresh touch of green to the room and clearing my bench of too much clutter.
And of course there are loads of quotes everywhere, whether I have written them on chalkboards or ripped them from magazines.  Words make me happy...  So as the busiest time of the year approaches lets support each other and remember this time of the year is about HOPE + LOVE.

"You kinda owe it to yourself to do all the things you've dreamed" - unknown
"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" - pablo picasso
"Being creative is not a hobby its a way of life" - unknown