Stitchery designer - where it all began



It was 20 plus years ago when my daughter was only little and I came across the world of stitchery through a designer by the name of Wendy Brigg.  I worked for her as a colourist, stitching her samples for her books and classes she ran.  She encouraged me to start designing, so I spent many years stitching, selling patterns, booklets + kits and doing projects for magazines.  I absolutely loved it but than I found the soldering iron, opened a retail space and my stitching stopped until only a few years ago.  
I LOVE interiors so when I started making the cushion covers it was because I wanted to add something unique to someones home, words + quotes that had meaning to the owner.  Beautiful linens sourced from all over Europe making sure they were Oeko-Tex textiles {certified free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use}.  Colours that were calming, earthy and beautiful, that had a connection to nature.

"great things are done by a series of small things brought together." - van gogh

"you do not need anybody's permission to live a creative life." -  elizabeth gilbert

"inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." - pablo picasso