In my store - I talk to Ness Lockyer of Marley and Lockyer









Hello my friends

Ness and I met through the wonderful world of blogs 14 + years ago.  She is an incredible artist, calligrapher, pottery designer + maker.  She lives in a gorgeous little cottage in Tasmania, with her beautiful little family.  I am blessed to call Ness my friend {even though we have never met in person} and I have been so lucky to have her beautiful stock in my store.  A collaboration of my love of quotes + her gorgeous calligraphy, she has created bespoke pieces for my store.  I thought you would love to know a little more about this beautiful human so I asked her my 5 favourite questions.

       

Describe yourself in one word?

Loyal. Loyal to my style, myself, my friends, my art, to learning new things that push me harder. 

What inspires you the most? 

My family, and our rich Scottish heritage is a massive inspiration to me. Our way of living revolves around the Scottish version of hygge - Cosagach or Coorie. It’s all the snugly things in life inside like comfort, family/friends, etc but also embracing the seasons outdoors in the same way. It’s something my dear Mum always instilled in me and my siblings from day one. It has come out in my products over the years, and I’m so happy to see it evolve. 

Black, white or all things earthy...which would you choose and why?

Can I lock in white and earthy with a touch of black? My perfect palette is anchored by loads of white with layers of natural linen tones, wool, stoneware in neutrals, old glass, wire, scrubbed wood, and natural elements. A lot of the things I’m drawn to are...old. I adore the patina and romance of a great story locked in each piece. My childhood was spent in second hand shops and antique stores, fossicking with my Mum. Even the studio is full of these old things. I’m inspired by it all. 

If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why?

Our living/dining room. It’s a big space full of loads of windows and French doors with a central fireplace. I’d love to be able to do more with the arrangement of furniture...but I’ve got plans 😘

Favourite quote? 

I’ve got two that I can’t pick between...
“What’s for you won’t go past you.”

“I will make everything around me beautiful, 
that will be my life” 
- elsie de wolfe