By Hand - Constellated Beauty - A working piece of art by Renee Mueller + Cathy Penton atelier









This is a little behind the scenes of Constellated Beauty a collaboration between artist, teacher and creative, Renee Mueller and myself.  Anyone that has followed me for awhile knows I adore all the little details of life.  I think the absolute joy of collaborations is that you both bring little snippets of your own to the design process.  Working with Renee on this with no deadlines or constraints has made this project come together with little details that it probably wouldn't have if we had of rushed our way towards a deadline.
Many moons ago I was a stitchery designer.  I wrote projects for magazines and sold booklets and kits worldwide.  Last year I had an idea I wanted to put together a kit for people just wanting to play with stitching and at the end have something that they could use.  I wanted it to feel special and unique so I thought what a beautiful opportunity to reach out to another creative to help me with this process.
Renee speaks about our process on this youtube video.  Take a look...


You can find the limited edition prints available in Renee store and the kits and bags here.