Creative Musings - Kim Taylor






Kim Taylor is human sunshine. I can remember probably around 15 years ago seeing a blog post of hers and feeling a sense of freedom through her photography.  It was of her chicken coop and gardens and I just fell in love with her openness and how she shared beauty with the world.  I have always been a bit of a fan girl but this year I asked her whether we could meet on zoom {as she lives in Canada}, we talked for nearly 2 hours.  I wanted you all to learn a little more about my talented friend.

    

1. If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be? 

Open. I identify as a social introvert. I love people and don’t hold a lot back when I feel connected. I do however need ample time to recharge when I’ve had a lot of social interaction.



2. What inspires you the most? 

Water and Windows. Water has always been my place of peace and a place to calm my nervous system. Windows are something that I am constantly drawn to when it comes to either creating spaces or photography.



3. Black, white or all things earthy…which would you choose and why? 

I love muted earth tones- I feel grounded when I’m surrounded with natural elements, both colours and materials.



4. If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why? 

Honestly, I tend to set things up in a way that feels “right” and then settle in to that arrangement. I don’t often re-arrange anymore. I think that has come from feeling very content and settled in my life overall. I used to re-arrange the living room often!



5. Favourite quote? 

“You are not too old, and it is not too late to dive into your increasing depths where life calmly gives out its own secret.” Rainer Maria Rilke


Kim is doing a wonderful beginners photography workshop on the 1st of April 9AM {Pacific Standard Time}.  You can find out more HERE.

You can follow Kim on instagram @kimtaylor.co + @kt.co_portfolio