Creative Musings - Kim Klassen


 






 
Kim is a Photographer, Filmmaker, Tech Lover and Course Creator.  She is a wife, mother and mimi to Magdalena.  She is an introvert who loves journaling and all the pretty paper things.  She is a writer, podcaster, Lightroom teacher, finder of the coolest things and Creative Coach.

 

This extraordinarily talented human adds beauty to the world one day at a time.  Her gentleness to share what she has learnt so far in this life, her openness to provide warmth and joy to those around her and to inspire others to see beauty in the every day and in themselves.  I feel so grateful to know Kim, if only from afar x



1. If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?

Oh, I love this question. I would have to say, I am inspired.

I am blessed to almost always feel inspired. By words, light, amazing people like you Cathy, simple things, all the amazing technology at our fingertips.

This is such an exciting time to be alive.


2. What inspires you the most?

****The Light

Walking into the studio and seeing the morning light falling over my old table feels like magic. It's the most beautiful thing.

When I'm at my desk and look to the left, the afternoon light takes my breath away. It's mesmerizing.

Before I discovered photography, I confess I didn't pay much attention to the light. But now, it has become my muse. The light is life.


3. Black, white, or all things earthy…which would you choose and why?

I would have to say all three. My studio is all white, and earth except one little room in the back corner. I call it the dark room with the most amazing black canvas wall. I love the light, white and the dark and moody equally. And almost  always earth tones. (except for peony season, when all the shades of pink come to play).


4. If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why?

Cathy, you ask the best questions. I would say the Living Room. But first, I need to convince my husband it’s time to paint it all white. We live in a beautiful old brick home. With beautiful wide oak woodwork that, unfortunately, is quite ‘orange. It will be 120 years old next year..’ With that said, I spend so much time at the studio that my poor old house is rarely top of mind. I’d love to paint it all white, but my husband John can’t bare to do it. If and when I convince him, I would move the furniture, so the fireplace is the focal point rather than the TV we never watch.


5. Favourite quote?

You know the answer to this one dear Cathy. I feel so blessed to have my favourite quote hand stitched by you on such a beautiful linen pillow. Thank you forever and always.

I am going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.”

Elsie de Wolfe



You should go and take a look at Kim's gorgeous website, listening to her podcast and follow along on instagram