creative musings - michelle mollinga






I think photography touches my heart in a way no other genre does. I found the incredibly talented Michelle Mollinga on instagram. Her photography is "magazine level" beautiful. It captivates + draws you in, in a striking yet gentle way. Her images tell such a gorgeous story and gosh I love that. She is a multifaceted photographer that resides in Vancouver, Canada.

1. If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

Passionate...
About life, photography, travel, creativity.
If I’m into something, I’m all in.

2. What inspires you the most? 


The play of light and shadow, nature, art, travel, my backyard, the tiniest detail, the vast world around me, other creatives. Basically everything. That didn’t really answer your question, did it? 


3. Black, white or all things earthy…which would you choose and why?


Hmmm, I’m tempted to say all of it. Years ago it would have been white. If you would have asked me a few months ago, I would say all things earthy, warm, and cocoon like. … But now, I’m feeling a transformation to black. Why?…I think it’s a feeling for something different. I’m digging a little moody, a little more dramatic, a little more mysterious. 

4. If you could rearrange the furniture in one room of your house, what room would it be and why?


My office/studio space. It’s small and currently a disaster! In need of some serious zhushing!

5. Favourite quote?


Current favourite quote, because I have many and my faves change with the wind. :)

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”
- Erin Hanson

You can find Michelle's beautiful website  HERE

 Or visit her on instagram